Entertainment

Man severely injured after e-cigarette explodes in his mouth

February 10, 2016 2:00 AM
Bairoute
Telegraph
Image:

Richard Courtney, from Horley, in Surrey, bought the £100 device - which is meant to turn the fluid into vapour - with the aim to give up smoking.The 33-year-old said: “I started vaping to try to give up after 16 years of smoking. I can’t believe it put me in hospital.”

The Sun newspaper reported that Richard was walking home from a friend’s house when he tasted fluid and started coughing.

He said “Then it felt like I’d got a trapped nerve in my shoulder. In the morning I had a really tight chest and couldn’t breathe properly.

“I went to hospital. One of the nurses there put my vape on an oxygen tube and showed that it was spitting liquid out.”

Latest Articles